Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So excited!!

My best friend is back in the USA!!!!! Allison Harlow has been in Norway for the past 8 months with her fiance Ryan. Ryan was playing professional hockey for a team in Norway and she was lucky enough to be able to join him. I haven't seen her since August. Even  though I will still not see her for a few more days I'm so happy that she is on US soil!

Alley and I have known each other since 6th grade. All though we were not fans of each other that first year in middle school! Arch rivals if you may. ha ha! 7th grade was a different story on the other hand. this began the year of us being inseparable. We had chore together and once we got over the rivalry we instantly hit it off. The first time we hung out we all went to dinner at 3 Amigos (Mexican) restaurant and went to "The Club". I say The Club with quotes because it was suppose to be a night club for underage kids. It was super lame to say the least!

Over the years we would be together every day and then go months without hanging out. We always talked every day at school though. We went down separate paths in High School. Alley became the outgoing cheerleader who was popular. I was more quiet and hung out with older kids and liked to party. Our senior year all of us kind of realized that we wouldn't see each other every day and started hanging out alot more. That summer came with a lot of drama but in the end she was my best friend.

End of August she went off to Michigan State University and I stayed at home and went to Northern Michigan University. Every holiday that she came home we made an effort to see each other even if it would only be an hour. Alley double majored at MSU and became a very talented interior designer. She moved to Chicago and lived there for a few years. She met Ryan while visiting her sister and brother in law in California and I'm pretty sure it was Love at first sight! She moved to Grand Rapids to be closer to him but still wasn't any closer to me. Both cities are about an 8 hour drive from Marquette. Than Ryan decided to go play hockey in Norway and her job said it was OK for her to work abroad! Lucky lady :) Long distance sucks for relationships! So this meant I got to have her home for a few weeks before she took off. This was the most we had seen each other in years and I cherished every minute of it that I could.

Alley recently started up her own business. A online interior design consultant company. I could not be more happy and proud of her. She is an incredibly talented designer. If you are in need of a fresh new look for any room you should check out her company: www.curiodesignstudio.com

Long story short I am beyond excited to finally see her!! I cant wait to go wedding dress shopping for her and just have girls time with her and catch up. Getting the text from her tonight saying USA! USA! instantly put the biggest smile on my face! Knowing that we can be apart for months on end and always go back to where things left off is not something you get with everyone. I feel lucky to know her and to be able to say she is my best friend!





1 comment: