Monday, February 20, 2012

Family



Sorry this video is sideways and probably not the best quality. Ryan took it on his droid. Today I experienced a defining moment in life. I already knew this but today really solidified it. FAMILY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE!! Especially my daughter Grace. Today I was basically told that my job is more important than anything else in my life and that it didn't matter if I had no one to take care of my daughter. If they need me to work an extra 8 hours of over time that day I would have to stay. This is not what I want for a job.
I was working full time working my ass off! I was doing the work of 3 people and pregnant. Needless to say I was so run down and stresses out from all of this I was told at 36 weeks that I was no longer aloud to work and if I did it was half days only! 3 days later I went into labor. Grace was born 4 weeks early and was healthy besides a scare when she came out of her not breathing and bad jaundice. I'm thankful for that but I realized that I didn't want to work like that any longer.
 While I was on maternity leave I found another job that I would be working a .8 rather than a 1.0 or full time. I was so happy about this and I felt the anxiety fall right off. Fast forward 6 months into the future to what was said to me today. I just couldnt believe it. I truly like my job and the people I work with but I will never put my job before my family! Ever. I work short staffed every day and I do work over my pointage every week. I think today I was just done! That feeling of dread and anxiety has slowly been creeping back into my body. I dont want to feel that again. Today I decided that I will be actively pursuing another job. Maybe I will never be truly happy anywhere, maybe I will. But I owe it to myself and my family to be happy with my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment